Council Leader David Baines has confirmed Cabinet members will remain in post for the year ahead, with some changes in responsibilities and focus to help deliver our priorities for the borough.
Cllr Baines says: “At our annual council meeting on Wednesday, I’m delighted to say that I was confirmed once again as Leader of the Council and Cabinet appointments were also agreed:
- Councillor Seve Gomez-Aspron: Deputy Leader/Cabinet Member for Transformation
- Councillor Nova Charlton: Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
- Councillor Marlene Quinn: Cabinet Member for Integrated Care
- Councillor Jeanie Bell: Cabinet Member for Safer, Stronger Communities
- Councillor Kate Groucutt: Cabinet member for Economy, Business and Skills
- Councillor Anthony Burns: Cabinet Member for Wellbeing, Culture and Heritage
- Councillor Richard McCauley: Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Planning
- Councillor Andy Bowden: Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport
- Councillor Martin Bond: Cabinet Member for Finance and Governance
We have faced many challenges in recent years, not least of course the pandemic which has affected each of us personally as well as placing extra pressure on our work and council services. Through it all, we continued to provide more than 700 essential services whilst also making significant progress with priorities such as town centre regeneration.
It’s now four years until the next election. This will give us stability and space to focus on our priorities. Myself and Cabinet, and our whole organisation, will be fully focused on delivery and making St Helens Borough the best it can be.”