Working people are losing out under the Conservatives
The pandemic has exposed the fact that millions of workers don’t have the dignity and security they deserve from their job in Conservative Britain.
Under eleven years of Conservative Government:
- Good jobs have been lost
- Pay has stagnated
- Prospects have disappeared
- Job insecurity has increased
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Labour has been supporting people and jobs
Here in St Helens we’re working hard to support businesses, workers and growth for a better, stronger recovery. Throughout the lockdowns we worked with Labour colleagues across the City Region to provide financial support to local businesses when government offered none, and now we’ve published an Economic Reset and Recovery Plan for the borough.
As Britain emerges from the pandemic, across the country Labour is fighting for working people.
- We forced an extension to furlough during the peak of the Covid-19 crisis
- Labour mayors and councils are working directly with good employers across the country to create new jobs
- The Welsh Labour Government is supporting businesses and jobs with a 100% business rates discount until 2022
- And we’ve been promoting the creation of jobs up and down the UK
Labour’s priorities are making sure jobs provide security, dignity and a proper wage for you and your family.